Friday, July 11, 2008

(Hard) Facts of (My) Life

Hubby said "Don't cry over spilled milk" and I added : "but dont forget to clean up the mess!" (after he had a small car accident last Monday which actually left us "car-less" for God knows until when)

* * *

My favorite nights of the week: Friday and Saturday!!! Gimik nights? Nah! --- MY PRECIOUS REST NIGHTS. I feel like bugs bunny when he was screaming "no more classes, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks!" --- I actually feel like I'm back in school nowadays... have to study with my kids everynight --- and it is really a huge struggle ...especially for someone who hates studying and has somehow cheated her way through college (hope my children won't read this in the future!).

* * *

1980's (Our generation): We were left by ourselves to prepare for school (taking a bath, wearing our uniform, preparing our things, eating bfast, riding our carpool), we were left by ourselves to study, we didnt have techie stuff, we never had sundays at the mall, we only get toys during special occasions. Yet we were obliged to be present at school everyday, we passed our subjects with flying colors, we were fine independent kids.

2008 (Our kids' generation): They had to be given baths in the morning, their uniforms had to be donned on them, fed during breakfast, all their school things are prepared for them in the evening, they had to be accompanied by yaya during lunchbreak and dismissal. They had to be supervised during study hours, they were given the luxury of being able to play the computer and other cool gadgets, every sunday is mall day for them and toys were like a necessity than a luxury. Yet they refuse to go to school at times, they have low grades, they even talk back sometimes. It makes me wanna sing " Nang isilang ka sa mundong ito..." Am I just loving them too much or not disciplining them enough?

* * *

Not so good years: 1988, 1993, 1997, 2003 and 2008. I do hope and pray that things would get better this second half of the year...

* * *

They say that when you hit rock bottom, there's no other way to go but UP! I do hope that this is rock bottom, and that... i am indeed on my way up!

* * *

I do miss blogging so much. Aside from being busy at work, found myself at my lowest recently. As much as possible I'd like to blog about happy things. But I guess life is just really a long rollercoaster ride. We can never be happy all the time. But just like I always tell my friends during depressing times: "The sun always shines after the storm"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos