Friday, May 23, 2008

Wanted Nanny

Last Saturday, my kids' Yaya went home to her province for a supposedly short vacation. We had a prior agreement that she will be attending sunday school starting on June so she has to get her report card and birth certificate from her hometown. My Lola had been warning us already that Yaya will not come back anymore because she has other plans. Silly me, I believed my Yaya more than I did my own Granny. So I waited in vain for her to come back. She was scheduled to go to my mom's place at Lupon Thursday so she will ride with my mom back to Davao on Friday. No signs of her until late afternoon of Thursday so it finally sank in that she's no longer coming back.

You could just imagine how my nanny-less week was like:

Monday - was late for work, brought the kids to my in-laws, went to the bank, went to Cheska's school for enrolment then went to work. Went back to inlaws at 6 to pick up kids. Tutorial session in the evening.

Tuesday - drove kids to my inlaws again---this time it was a struggle because Koojee refuses to be left there (he had to be dragged down from the car by his lolo, uncle and dad) can you imagine how stressed out I already was at 8AM. In the evening we picked the kids after work. Koojee is his happy self again. Tutorial session in the evening.

Wednesday- decided that I cannot go through the stressful morning I had on Tuesday, I filed a personal leave just so I could take care of the kids myself. Activities: Brunch at McDo with kids, went back home to do some chores, went to Gmall and ate at Greenwich with kids, went back home. Tutorials.

Thursday - Sis agreed to babysit for me since she was off-duty. Thank heavens i was able to go back to work. She almost went berserk because she thought she lost the kids, they were at their yaya's room the whole the time. The kids definitely drove her crazy the whole day. How relieved she was when we finally got home in the evening.

Friday - No sign of yaya the day before so only Mom and Dad went back to Davao. They did the babysitting the whole day. In the evening, I helped Mom do the laundry (using my good ol washing machine of course). You could just imagine the mountain of clothes we washed. Was so tired I fell right asleep even if I havent finished hanging the clothes yet. But Mom was kind enough to finish the work for me... thanks mumsy!

So this is how life is like in the States! I dont think I could last another week like this. So help me God find a new Yaya...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos