Thursday, May 08, 2008

My Favorite Prayers

Pater noster, qui es in caelis:
sanctificetur Nomen Tuum;
adveniat Regnum Tuum;
fiat voluntas Tua,
sicut in caelo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie;
et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
Sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris;
et ne nos inducas in tentationem;
sed libera nos a Malo.

I remember memorizing the Latin version of "Our Father" back in highschool. It was a requirement in our C.L.E. class. Now I'm starting to memorize it again. Thanks to my boss Jess, who shared this prayer in his webpage.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. Amen.

I also memorized this passage when I was a child. This passage is usually read during funerals. But I remember I had a really bad dream one night and all I could think of is recite this verse and I think I drove the bad spirits away just like in the movies. This prayer is like my armor in times of trouble. I will always memorize this by heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos