Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Milestones & Obstacles

Cheska... after two months since beginning of classes, she can now write the vowels, sing more songs (even the Pambansang Awit), recite nursery rhymes and most importantly she can say a prayer. Last night she showed me a drawing of me, her Daddy and Koojee and I was so proud and happy. The faces really looked funny but we all appreciated it like masterpiece. I wish I could post it here but she drew it in a very large paper which makes it real hard to scan.

Koojee... our family physician said that he may need a tongue surgery because his tongue is quite "inflexible" which makes it hard for him to pronounce better. He said that if we ignore the condition, this may cause inferiority complex which eventually will affect his behavior and performance in school. Well, everyone else is trying to make us feel optimistic about it. They say we can always seek for a second opinion. As a mother, my heart was crushed when I first heard about it. I was trying to imagine how I will be able to last through the whole operation if ever we decide to have him undergo it. How will I be able to stand watching him recuperate after the surgery? I was all negative. But as the days passed, hubby tried to lift my hopes up. Everytime Koojee utters words which are understandable, we almost always jump for joy. For the last months, he can only say two words at a time. Whenever he utters a whole sentence, it becomes incoherent. I can't help but compare, but Cheska during his age was already talking articulately even in paragraphs. Last night, he said "Excuse me daw Mommy!" and hubby and I were like, "He can talk in 4 words and it was all clearly said!" We were so ecstatic. We were both so optimistic that God will perform a miracle and Koojee won't have to undergo operation or any invasive procedure at all and still be able to talk well.

Every night I pray to God that He will bless my two angels. That He will bless Cheska with her school and bless Koojee so he will eventually do good in school. I pray that he will give both of them good health and mind, will protect them from accidents, and will make them good and beautiful people when they grow up.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos