Monday, March 07, 2005

mishaps

Ever since my kids came into my life, I feel like I'm in some kind of an adventure movie --like a never-ending rollercoaster ride. I couldn't recall how many times we came in and out the emergency room of the hospital may it be due to accidents or severe illnesses. I can't even count the times any of my kids fell or sustained wounds or bruises. What I'm gonna write next is just tip of the iceberg because believe me, I've had worse.

Last night was one of my most terrifying nights as a mother. Hubby and I stayed home with the kids after an exhausting family day at the mall. I was infront of the computer busy surfing the net. The kids were just watching dvd when my sister handed a pack of green peas to my little boy. At first he tried to catch my attention by throwing the peas everywhere. Since I was so busy I just scolded him a little and continued doing my thing. Few seconds after, I heard gasping sounds from my boy. It was like he was trying to catch his breath. I sensed that there was something wrong so I ran over to him and I realized that he just stuck a pea in his nose. He was starting to cry so I tried to get the pea out by trying to push it down but his nose bled instead. I panicked. All I could remember is that I ran to Hubby and he was so mad at me for letting it happen. We had to rush my boy to the hospital.

It was one of those days that I have to name doctors as one of my heroes. The pea was successfully removed from his nose in no time by the attending physician (who happens to be my friend - thank goodness) . But the trauma for the poor boy will probably be in him for a long time. And despite the terror and panic I felt that time, I still thanked God for the incident. I was relieved that the accident happened while Hubby and I were around, I can't imagine what could have happened if the whole thing occured when we were away or at work. On top of everything, I thanked God that the accident was nothing serious or life-threatening and we were able to get through it. I still found it in my heart to see the brighter side of whole experience.

Raising children is indeed one of the toughest jobs a person could handle. It comes with so many hardships and ordeals. I don't know any real mothers who took everything in a breeze. But one thing holds true for motherhood: the good things about it can definitely outweigh the bad ones.

1 Comments:

Blogger mitzi said...

that was scary, thank God he's OK!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos