Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Cheska's First Visit to the Dentist

Days before Cheska's dental appointment I have been constantly telling her about the visit. She would say "Dentist? Just like the one I saw in Elmo's world?" She would beam with excitement. It was such a relief that she wasn't scared of the idea. I know I was so scared with dentist visits when I was a child.

The big day finally came. The dentist is one of my high school classmates so I was at ease at the idea. The clinic was really a nice one. It was a 2-storey building. At the reception area was a small corner for play area. It was filled with toys and fun stuff so Cheska had fun playing while I was filling out her data form. Then we went upstairs for the check-up. She was made to sit down at the dental chair. She was awkward at first, but when the dentist talked to her and explained the procedure, she felt at ease. She met Mr. Toothie, the baby mirror and the baby spoon. The dentist checked her teeth while her assistant recorded all her observations and findings. It was fun for Cheska especially after her check up when the dentist made her choose her toy reward. She chose a bubble maker.

Afterwards, the dentist lead us to her office where we had a one-on-one talk. She explained to me how important baby teeth are even if they were meant to fall off. She also talked about how to maintain a child's teeth and gave tips on preventing tooth decay.

It was a very enriching experience for me and my little girl. I was happy to have brought her there because I myself learned a lot through the experience. I truly had fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos