Sunday, March 13, 2005

amnesia?

I think that I'm suffering from a condition that's so common yet still so hard to name because up to now I'm still not sure if it is really considered an illness. I feel that I've been suffering from short term memory loss after giving birth to my kids. Don't get me wrong. I'm not exactly like Dory of "Finding Nemo" or the girl in "The Notebook" or not even Lucy of "50 First Dates". It's like this: I easily forget things which happened even seconds after. I forget if I already shampooed my hair even while still in the shower. I forget things which were mentioned whenever I'm in a conversation with a friend and I tend to ask the question over and over again because I have already forgotten the answer (this is really irritating, i know). The worst scene is forgetting important things my boss asked me to do--- hazardous to my career!

I've heard before that maybe it's due to epidural which was administered during my 2 deliveries. This actually causes memory problems. Some also say that it's just an excuse. Maybe I should just resign to calling it unbelievable forgetfulness. It's so hard though because I used to have a real good memory or I wouldn't have passed my course in college which actually required good memory (I used to memorize all the human bones, muscles, nerves and whatnot for goodness' sake!).

It's good though that I still have a good long term memory. It's easier to remember things which happened a decade ago than things which happened just a few moments back!

Right now, I've been heavily depending on my (1) Task Manager and (2) my ever reliable cellphone- which has an organizer and alarm clock where I can easily enter all my reminders (really convenient!). Because after all, I have to do something about it or I'll end up losing a good job and even friends... or even worse things than that! Help, anyone?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just pay more attention to what you are doing. Be mindful.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos