Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Feeling Nostalgic on Hearts Day

I think this is the first time Hubby and I will be physically apart on a Valentines Day. Although I'm not very happy about the thought the practical side of me still prevails. Hubby has work obligations at his assigned area so we will have to postpone our celebration to Saturday. I was planning on a pre-valentine lunch or dinner but our sked last weekend just wouldn't permit us.

I have always been a romantic fool and very fond of celebrating even smallest occasions. So even if Hubby finds it corny and inconvenient to go out on a Valentines Day because of the traffic and full restaurants, we have always managed to go out and make it special.

The first Valentines Day we had, we spent it with our coworkers. That was back in 2001 and we went out to celebrate at "The Venue". In 2002, we didn't go out because I was in my first trimester of pregnancy and was not feeling all too good. I don't know but somehow my memory skipped 2003, I don't particularly remember where we dined but I'm pretty sure we did go out then. Valentines day 2004, we had steak at Oklahoma Restaurant. It was a western-style restaurant and it was very memorable because Hubby gave me a very nice purse. In 2005, we enjoyed a nice steak meal again at Pop's Bar and after which we shopped toys for the kids (I think I may have blogged about this). Last year, Hubby gave me a tulip then we had dinner Japanese Tunnel Restaurant. It was simple but very special.

I've always been a big celebrator of life but I also know that not all the time everything is perfect. I could also learn to adjust to life's changes. Even if I'll be spending the special night without Hubby, I will be with my kids and I will still be very happy. At least there will be something to look forward to on weekend. As I have been telling myself: I'm dateless but full of love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos