Saturday, September 30, 2006

Going Back to School? Nah!

Anyone who knows me pretty well could attest that I would never go back to school even if my life depended on it. On the contrary, I truly had the time of my life while I was in school --- but it was the non-academic part that made everything worth while. Even if I have very little memory of my preschool years, I know that I really loved it especially because my classmates were my cousins --- with whom I spent the best of my childhood life with. Elementary was so- so, a bit of fun but it's mostly the Summer and Christmas vacations which were truly looked forward to. High School and College were truly awesome, the most enjoyable parts of my life indeed --- crushes, cutting-classes, outings, overnights, discos, bars, concerts, nature tripping and the fun list goes on. But hey, I spent 18 years in school --- why the heck would I still want to relive that? I was totally relieved the moment I passed PT Boards last 1999, it was when I said to myself: "Throw away all the books! I will never in my life study again!"

So when the second course in Nursing became the national trend, I felt that I was the only one who didn't jump into the bandwagon. I never showed any slight interest in pursuing a second bachelor's degree when everyone else I knew including my sister lined up to enrol. Maybe it's because not only did I detest studying and listening to a boring teacher, I also was so complacent with my job. I was so contented with my life in Davao that I did not have the slight desire to work abroad. Sometimes I ask my self "What is wrong with me? Why do I get so satisfied so easily?" But then again, what's wrong with that? Sis used to call me an "underachiever" , but I also have dreams and ambitions you know. I'm just not so aggressive in fulfilling them. I sometimes wait for my dreams to come true.

Well anyway, even if I endlessly curse schooling, I do want to take up some short courses. Lessons which truly stimulates my interests and doesn't require too much memorizing and studying. These are the courses I want to take:
  • Cooking - I don't want to cook anything fancy. I just want to learn to cook lutong bahay style.
  • Creative Writing- I'm a frustrated writer, no need to explain further.
  • HTML- I wish I could do more with my blog. Right now I still depend either on my brother, my cousin-inlaw Macky or good friend Andrew whenever a blog disaster comes up.
  • Tap Dance- I know it's a bit too late for me to acquire this skill, but who cares?

Even if I don't want to go back to school, I am always proud that I managed to pass preschool to college without failing or dropping a subject. My achievements may sound mediocre but still I spent all my efforts in balancing school life and fun. I could truly say to the world I never missed out on anything at all. That is something I would definitely tell my children and grandchildren.

5 Comments:

Blogger Macphisto said...

sige, cooking lessons tayo!!!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Jinggay said...

sure ba!

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't feel bad. nothing wrong with your plans.who wants to be stuck in a career you don't enjoy just for superficial reasons. i also plan to take "hobby" courses. t-shirt printing, guitar lessons, glass making,toy design etc.
no tap dancing in my list though. dancing macky not good for the eyes.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Jinggay said...

You should try toy making! Then toss all your toy projects over to me :) ... I'd love to see a dancing macky though (hahaha).

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see my site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/codeine] extracting codeine [/url]

http://trailfire.com/codeine
[url=http://trailfire.com/codeine] codeine no prescription [/url]

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos