Monday, October 30, 2006

Spring Waltz

Have you ever seen a movie that was so beautiful that you watched it so eagerly, so excited to see the ending but when it finally comes to an end you become so sad? Not because you did not like the ending but because you became so much part of it that it's just so hard to let go and go back to reality. It's been such a long time since i felt this way for a movie. Just over the weekend, i watched and totally fell in love with the 20-hour koreanovela "Spring Waltz". The film is a bittersweet love story about two childhood friends in a small island in Korea who got separated by an accident. But through the test of time and space they get reunited. After 15 years, in Austria they meet again but they did not recognize each other yet. As the plot thickens they begin to discover each other as flashbacks of old memories start to haunt them when they reunite again at Korea. The plot was made spicier by a dash of love triangle and "you-and-me-against-the-world" sequences.
I just couldn't stop thinking of the movie all day. It was truly so beautiful yet so poignant that it actually made me cry (you can ask my friends, i rarely cry at movies). I just had to blog about this film because mushy as it may sound, it made young love so fresh again. I got so empathic with the characters I could actually feel the love and thrill... and even the pain and bitterness they were going through --- as if i'm actually in the movie!

The movie is not perfect though. But I only have 2 superficial complaints about it: 1. the actors were not such good dressers (maybe that's fashion statement for them in their country but it doesn't work for me much) 2. the movie could sometimes drag --- i had to fast forward some parts because i just get so excited to see how it would go.

But I truly have to commend the cinematography. The film was shot so beautifully in such scenic places both in Austria and South Korea --- truly legendary. The soundtrack is also awesome. I dont know how but even they did justice to revivals such as "Lost without your Love" of Bread and "Clementine" ... and the carrier single "One Love" just keeps playing on and on my head.

The director, Yun Suk-ho, really did a fine work with this one. Spring waltz is actually the fourth and final installment of his Endless Love season drama series: Autumn Fairy tale, Winter Sonata and Summer Scent---all of which i am yet to see. When koreanovelas became a hit in the country, I wasn't one of the people who rushed home after work just to catch on to the korean series in tv. I could still remember that time, because my mom was one of those who religiously watched them on tv. My interest only came about after I watched Sassy Girl. Since then i became quite interested and when i saw the music video of Spring waltz by Youtube at one of the pages of friendster, I knew that I just had to watch the film.
Here's an excerpt from the movie:
"If you truly love him….if you genuinely miss him, someday you can meet and love him again…. Just like us playing a hide and seek during our childhood days,…. no matter how deep he hides himself from the world, and disappear from my sight, he who hides shall be somewhere out there…..always be waiting for me, the tagger. Regardless of how often failing to catch or missing each other’s ways, at the end of the day, your most earnest desire and pray shall lead you to him……only to meet and love again."

28 Comments:

Blogger Macphisto said...

pahiram beh

8:03 PM  
Blogger Jinggay said...

o bah! sa monday cos andun pa sa ofcm8 ko... or kung kelan tyo magswimming...

5:24 PM  
Blogger lissa said...

I have to agree with you. I love Spring Waltz and all the OSTs are really great. I love what they did to Clementine.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished the drama last weekend and I miss it since I am so into the story with the characters. I have to admit that this was really a very sweet love stories with great ending ... The music are awesome ... fits the story line. I am browsing Google just to find out what is out there for this great drama ... and it happened that I came across your blog. Good job!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife and I have watched all four of this series. I would say Spring Waltz ranks second to the Autumn episode starring Song Hye Kyu as a tear jerker.
This last series has a lot of beautiful sceneries that make watching a lot more enjoyable.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Jinggay said...

i guess people do have different tastes. i'm watching autumn ryt now and i just finished episode 8. it's great. i could say it's better than summer and winter judging on the first episodes. but it's still spring waltz on top of my list. Autumn is sadder and more depressing, spring has some light moments and i really found the train part funny. wat i hate about autumn is the fact that they grew up as siblings yet they still found it in their hearts to fall inlove... it's like incest.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have yet to watch the other Endless Love series but heard that they have sad endings. i love spring waltz coz the series really showed how their love is deeply rooted unlike those love at first sight things and there's a lot of chemistry bet. the lead characters that i feel "kilig" even when they are just holding hands hehehe thanks for lending me the series!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where can i go to watch spring waltz. i dont want to watch it on youtube it takes too long.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am currently watching this movie and it is soooooooo good i have to agree it is one ofthe best korean series that i have ever seen. and i am in love with the music in it..do u know where i can find it i been looking all over for it

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The novela is really great, I encourage you to watch it. It is not perfect but it is close to it already. The scenery is beautiful so with the music. I love how Jae-ha expresses his anger and his love. Looking at him makes you see all the emotions.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spring waltz was the best korean drama i have seen in a long time. it is filled with bitter sweet love n heart throbing emotions that will keep you watching from dusk till dawn. i love the song "one love." i will watch it over and over again!!!!!!!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, you totally took the words outta my mouth. I watched the drama about a year ago and i totally felt what you said in your blog. Neway i dont know if ull notice this comment or not but its okay if you dont i just had a sudden desire to share my love for Korean dramas. If you havent watched My Girl or My Name is Kim Sam Soon watch them too its reallly amazing. expecially My Girl.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the best ..if not the best experience i've ever had with a k-drama. The Story concept at first felt quite typical..but as it went on.. i just felt..WOW. This is really beautiful. Its a story about love in its purest..most innocent form. Love Purifies..Love Forgives..and thats what this dramas about.. About REAL love..about forgivenss and hope.

I really liked En-Young. She has a very very endearing face.(felt myself almost falling in love with her sometimes) And I loved the way Jae-Ha starts out cold..aloof..but opens and softens up as the series went on.

Most emotional scene in the show is in Ep 14 when Jae Ha discovers that En-Young really is En-young from the past. Nearly cried ther.e.and my heart ached.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spring waltz is the one of the best korean series..it's so cute how they like fell in love after like 15 years and i love the ending to it..i have yet to watch the other ones

8:40 AM  
Blogger Veron said...

This is the best Korean movie I had ever watched. The music was great. I especially love to see Jae-Ha in the movie. He is cool.thanks for your blog.

4:19 PM  
Blogger 李老师 said...

Apart from the touching Spring Waltz opening theme and the beautiful cinematography, i have to say this drama is too predictable and way too draggy. I found myself forwarding most of the episodes. The cast is eye-candy, and could improve in conveying their emotions. So far in the seasons' series, Winter Sonata is the saddest and has the best plot, followed by Autumn in my heart cuz of its strong casting. Summer Scent's plot is too far-fetched although the OST is Great.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ito un hinahanap ko na series... nakita ko ko lang commercial, then i forgot the title, nacatch ng series na ito ang attention ko, kaya feeling ko, ok sya... :)

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! my! i thought i was the only one who's so in love with this koreanovela!!!! anyways,can you tell me the ending?! please!!!! coz it would't let me sleep!!!!! ill wait for it!!!! thanks!!!!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i haven't watched the season series but i really loved Spring waltz after i did a 20-hour marathon of it. it was so moving! i thought i would run out of tears! some scenes were simply touching but some were really heart wrenching.
i love the OST too. i've been trying to download them but i'm having a hard time finding the Korean songs.=P
My Girl is great too! but this one really touched my heart.
its a good thing i ran into your blog, i thought i was the only one loving it.=)

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am totaly in love on this koreanovela. two thumps up! the line so beautiful even the cast so good. Ang sarap ulit-ulitin panoorin grabe!!! I fall already to Jae-Ha...

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

super ganda talaga ng Spring Waltz....lalo na ung lugar nung bata pa sila Arianne at Jeric....

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPRING WALTZ.........bagus deh filmnya n patut direkomendasiin ke tmen2.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The term "film" is quite different from a "series". Have a proofreader.

12:23 PM  
Blogger sonamj said...

I have just watched a few episodes and its quite nice.I guess it'll get better in the end.The actor playing philip is so cute.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/ganardinero.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]Queres ganar dinero desde tu casa y buscas informacion[/b]
Nosotros hemos hallado la mejor pagina web en internet de como trabajar en casa. Como nos ha sido de interes para nosotros, tambien les puede ser de interes para ustedes. No son solo metodos de ganar dinero con su pagina web, hay todo tipo de metodos de ganar dinero en internet...
[b][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url]Te recomendamos entrar a [url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/]Ganar dinero[/url][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url][/b]

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are about 300 bucks everwhere. But definitively I set this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you tell me about these?

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Watch Friday Night Lights Online said...

thanks for the tips. looks like they worked for you…i haven’t read all the comments but i’m pretty sure that’s been said already.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos