Wednesday, October 11, 2006

TV Life

Hubby and I have been raving for days about this new sitcom we started watching last Saturday. We managed to stay indoors the whole weekend just watching 22 episodes of the first season of "How I Met Your Mother" on DVD which was just accidentally bought by my mother. The stars are not even super popular, the only ones I recognized were Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser) and Alyson Hannigan (Bandcamp Girl of American Pie). It's a simple comedy most comparable to the popular sitcom "Friends". It's not super hilarious, send-you-rolling-on-the-floor type of comedy but it sure will truly make you want to watch the next episode more, then the next, then the next... This new show from CBS is so new that it hasn't premiered in any of the channels in the Philippines yet, not even cable tv. I think it started airing in US on the late part of 2005 so most probably this will start airing in the country either late this year, early next year or even never at all. Now I feel so lucky mom stumbled into that DVD on that fateful Saturday and got to buy it.

Since we already saw the first season of the show, I've been trying to surf all day for the second season and I discovered that so far they have only aired 6 episodes. The best thing I got? I got to watch the first 2 episodes of season 2 on Youtube! You just have to know how patiently I waited for everything to load before i could watch it non-stop. So much for being obsessed!

So far, hubby and I have been enjoying watching a few TV shows together like Friends, CSI, Lost, House and Everybody loves Raymond. It feels so good to share some common interests even though we know that we could sometimes be so different. For some reason, our TV life helps in enriching our marriage. Sappy as it may sound but it sure draws us closer. We get to laugh and talk about things that most of the time only the two of us can understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos