Saturday, September 09, 2006

Amazing Kids

My kids never fail to amaze me. I know that I sound like a classic mom, ever doting on her kids no matter how trivial their achievements may be to others. But what can I do, they really make my heart soar everytime they achieve a milestone.

Cheska, she's really something. Although everyone says she took after me in every single way, I think we could be so different as night and day. She makes me feel so proud everytime I see her academic achievements. I saw her scores for her last two mastery examinations and she passed all her subjects not only with flying colors but with perfect scores (except for Filipino subject where she got one mistake). She now knows how to write her name "Cheska", can recite almost all nursery rhymes there is, can draw objects pretty well and she can really dance and sing theatrically. Her dream is to be a prima ballerina but her Dad is not yet giving his go signal for that ballet class. She gets really excited when she sees a ballet presentation on TV. She said so herself when I asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up: "I don't want to be a Doctor or an office girl, I want to be a ballet dancer!" Another thing that amuses me about her is that she's such a linguist. She can easily shift dialects. When she speaks to us, she speaks in tagalog. When she's with her yayas she's purely bisaya --- as in bisdak if I may say so. When she's at school or with her cousins from abroad she suddenly speaks in straight English! Now, even I couldn't do that when I was her age.

Koojee on the other hand is his father's replica. There is no question that he takes after his dad when it comes to physical traits. But his behavior and attitude is so much like my brother's and my dad's. He usually throws tantrums everytime we leave the house for work. His crying spells although really annoying would sometimes become immuning especially since I have to deal with it almost everyday for the past few weeks. It begins to be a running joke in our family that he's the younger and darker version of my brother. I remember when we were kids my brother was such a cry baby, almost all childhood photos of him was of him bawling. And then it also brings us back to the old family story that my own father was also a crying brat during his younger years. Well, not everything is negative about my baby boy. I adore him so much because he's always been my pet. Although he hasn't achieved much in school, we felt so proud of him when he showed us that he could write letter A. I remember that when he first entered school he couldn't even hold his pencil right. He was still so confused of his handedness--- we actually thought he was gonna be left-handed. But now, I could actually see some improvement. He also has developed social skills and can now play and communicate with other kids. He still has speech difficulty but I know he's really trying to speak clearly. Koojee could also be so talented with his lego toys. He's so creative and patient that he spends the whole night even up to the wee hours in the morning assembling a robot. And he really creates impressive robot designs!

My kids have really grown. I can't believe that in a few years time they'll be in elementary. I get so excited everytime I think of the things we could do together as a family while they are growing up. I'm so glad God has blessed me with my treasures. As I always say, " I will forever be grateful for my two precious gifts"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos