Wednesday, November 03, 2004

For the Love of Cartoons

I'm a self-professed cartoon addict. I don't know if there's an age limit for adoring them the way I do but I sure hope it won't be sooner. Just for the heck of it, this post is dedicated to all the cartoon shows I loved before... and my kids' faves, too.

MY FAVORITE CARTOON / KIDDIE SHOWS AND CHARACTERS WHEN I WAS A KID:
Sesame Street- Ernie (My first real memory of watching a kiddie show on our black & white TV!)
Batibot – Pong Pagong (bwahahaha) he was really cute that time.
Uncle Bob’s Lucky Seven Club – I’m only craving after the toy prizes they give out. But I like Uncle Bob, too.
Voltron- Princess Allura
Voltes V- Jamie (?) I’m not even sure of the name of the only girl in the team.
Super Book- Angie
Flying House – Duh I forgot all their names.
Thunder Cats- Cheetarah
He Man - Sorceress
Care Bears & Care Bear Cousins – I'm funshine bear and lotsa heart elephant... "Care Bears, STARE!"
Smurfs – Smurfette (who else?)
Sleeping Beauty – my favorite of all Disney Princesses. Until now, bestfriend and I, are still up on our fight on who Princess Aurora should be.
Chip n Dale – totally cute! I think I’m Chip and Bestfriend is Dale.
Tom & Jerry – Jerry is my favorite (typical!)
Peter Pan – I like Wendy. I hate Tinkerbell ( no offense to fairies!)
Rainbow Brite – I’m Shy Violet , Bestfriend is Lala Orange, Sister is Patty O’ Green

MY KIDS’ FAVORITES
Barney – this purple dinosaur is top on their list. They even kiss the TV Screen whenever Barney is on. Their chant is always on my head “Barney! Barney! Barney!”.
Elmo’s World – this red orange Sesame Street puppet is really adorable. Even his voice is so cute “Lalalala… lalalala… Elmo’s World”. His buddy Zoe is equally lovable.
Lilo & Stitch - I love the way my daughter pronounces “Lee-low”
Bananas In Pyjamas – cheska’s lunchtime favorite
Blue’s Clues - Their aunt gave them a thinking chair for xmas 2 yrs ago.
Monsters, Inc. – first cartoon movie they watched full-length.

I have yet to introduce them to “Teletubies”, “Dora the explorer” and all the Disney Cartoon Classics I have always loved.

Oh Dear Lord, when am I gonna stop watching cartoons? Will I still love them when I’m 30? Will the child in me ever gonna grow old?

2 Comments:

Blogger mitzi said...

something to think about, I still enjoy watching cartoons with Meg (at my age), I know all the songs be it series or full-length feature. =)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Jinggay said...

Whew! Such a relief that I am not alone in the universe. Thanks cousin xiemen. Now I won't be ashamed to sing cartoon songs in the office (LSS-last song syndrome).

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos