Monday, November 08, 2004

Our Typical Family Day

Every Sunday is family day. After lunch time, I would tell the kids "We're going to the mall so you better get a nap". Cheska, even if she doesn't feel like it, would force herself to sleep. Koojee would normally doze off in an instant because he is used to naps after his lunch. Around 3 pm, they would wake up energized and beaming with excitement. Their nannies would dress them up with their favorite clothes. And off we go to the mall.

Our normal routine at the mall: Our first stop is the kiddie rides. Their all-time favorite is the carousel. Their other favorites are balloon wheel and zoo animal rides. After the rides, we proceed to the grocery. What is it with little kids and grocery carts? They seem to love the ride. But I do hear accidents happen a lot, so I never leave the children unattended. After the grocery, we now go to their favorite food chain ... Mc Donald's!

Cheska just loves their french fries and the toys that go with the happy meal. Koojee on the other hand just loves the playland area. He would just play there the whole time. He's having the time of his life with other kids.

Seeing my kids' faces whenever they're happy and excited gives me an inner glow. It's something money could never buy. A day spent with the whole family, exhausting it may be, gives me a sense of satisfaction. I feel that I had made my kids feel important. I have made them feel loved. It's really important that my kids get to experience a wonderful childhood as I have gone through a superb one myself.

At the end of the day, I silently pray "Thank you God for family day".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos