Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Week That Was

Last week was holy week. It's my second favorite time of the year next to Christmas. My holy week vacation is probably one of the happiest vacations I had. We went home to Lupon (my hometown!) to spend the long weekend there. We spent our days at the beach and our farm. Even time spent at my maternal ancestral home was great. I really felt so rested and peaceful--- truly away from the hustle and bustle of the city and not to mention work! My kids really had the time of their lives. Not only they had the chance to be with their parents and grandparents for 4 straight whole days, they also loved the places we went to.

This brings me back to good old memories of my trips to Lupon during my younger days. My favorite memory is the travels I had with my cousins. We used to travel in a van and even though it wasn't airconditioned, we all enjoyed it especially the games we used to play during the trip. We used to wear a shirt around our faces because of the dust--- the roads weren't cemented then. And during our stay in Lupon, we would go to see our other cousins, roam around the town, go to carnivals and beaches. I could never forget the summer when we spent our days at the beach. My cousins and I suffered one of the most worst sunburns ever! But nevertheless it was one of my fondest childhood memories. Now it's my children's turn to enjoy it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Macphisto said...

hahaha, i can't stop thinking about the food. i don't know why i remember jud this particular one, fresh shrimp na gi-sugba.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Jinggay said...

yumyum! sarap talaga nun ba!

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos