Sunday, December 25, 2005

An Enchanting Christmas

I thought it was gonna be one lonely Christmas. Even at the beginning of December, I didn't feel the usual Christmassy feeling in the air. The malls were not so crowded, everything was so ordinary. Maybe it was because for the past few Christmas Holidays there were so many things to get so busy about. In 2003, I was busy preparing for highschool class reunion and many weddings of friends. In 2004, everyone was so busy for my cousin's grand wedding. Maybe it was so odd that for the first time in years I don't even have a single wedding to attend to on a December. I thought that maybe it's a good time to go on a trip with my family.

Even last November, Hubby and I had been planning on a short vacation. Since Hong Kong was a budget-short away, we decided that if God will bless us financially on December we are gonna go to Enchanted Kingdom in Laguna.

And we were truly blessed. On December 17, Hubby, my kids and I flew to Manila for our much-awaited trip. I was so excited since it will be the first major vacation for my family. It was even my kids' first airplane experience. It even filled me memories of my first vacation to Manila with my parents and siblings. Maybe it was so important for me to give that experience to my kids, I know that I will forever be grateful to my parents for giving us so many happy memories to remember especially that first trip to Manila when I was 4 or 5.

The Enchanted Kingdom experience was truly something to remember forever. Hubby and I were so exhausted but we were so fulfilled upon seeing the joy and excitement in our kids' faces. Every penny and effort was really worth it.

We spent the second day driving around and shopping for the kids. Our friends from Manila were so kind to show us around and accomodate us. We stayed in a small and cozy hotel that night and thank goodness the kids were able to sleep well.

The third day we had to fly home to Davao. I know that it was a vacation to remember but I could also say that it was so good to finally reach home and sleep in my own bed. Thank God for that wonderful vacation.

As I am blogging, the clock just struck 12 and it's Christmas Day! My kids had just finished opening their gifts because they couldn't wait any longer. As usual, I have also opened God's greatest gift to me as he always gives me on a Christmas Day... togetherness of my family.

Merry Xmas to everyone out there. I hope you're having a grand time as I am. Happy Holidays!

2 Comments:

Blogger Macphisto said...

i'm so glad you guys had a fantabulous time in manila. merry xmas!

2:26 PM  
Blogger My Little World said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful Xmas with your family... may you have a prosperous New Year!! Yap... everyone seems to save a lot for the near future..just like here Xmas is not that fun either!

Take good care!!!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
cheskakoojee's photos More of cheskakoojee's photos